- Nurse, Advanced Practice (APN) AND Nurse, Registered (RN)
- Masters of Nursing Degree as APRN-CNP 2 years RN experience preferred 1 year APRN-CNP experience in the relevant setting preferred
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required:
- Well-developed interpersonal and communication skills. Proficiency with an Electronic Medical Record
- National certification as a CNP from an accredited body Current Illinois APRN License Current Illinois Registered Nurse license. Current Illinois Controlled Substance License within 6 months of hire Eligible for DEA registration; Possession of a current DEA Registration within six months of hire and may vary based on practice site Current BLS Certification Current PALS/ACLS certification may vary based on practice site
Physicial Requirements and Working Conditions:
- Travel may be required Ability to work varying hours and shifts to meet the needs of Advocate Health Care. This may include on call coverage -Ability to work under stressful conditions and in difficult situations. Able to respond quickly to patient needs and work at a fast pace -Routinely works with potentially infectious specimens and patients. Work environment includes probability of exposure to adverse, hazardous or unpleasant conditions while caring for the sick This position can recognize needs and behaviors of a variety of patient age groups; i.e., understand child growth and development, normal patterns of adolescent behavior and looks for signs of normal aging
- Ability to lift up to 35 pounds without assistance. For patient lifts of over 35 pounds, or when patient is unable to assist with the lift, patient handling equipment is expected to be used, with at least one other associate, when available. Unique patient lifting/movement situations will be assessed on a case-by-case basis.
This job description indicates the general nature and level of work expected of the incumbent. It is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities required of the incumbent. Incumbent may be required to perform other related duties.