At CFC we pride ourselves on being an employer of choice. We are delighted to be recognised as a 3-Star world class employer by Best Companies to Work For in 2021 and amongst the UK's top employers in The Sunday Times Best 100 Companies to work for in 2020 / 19, and the Top 50 London employers. CFC also ranked in Insurance Business UK as a Top Insurance Workplace (UK) for 2020.
Our benefits include 25 days holiday, private medical insurance (incl. dental & optical cashback), life insurance, income protection, pension plan, subsidised gym membership, up to 4 paid volunteering days annually, season ticket loan, employee assistance programme and dress for your day.
We are committed to positive climate change and are proud to offset carbon emissions for all employees through a partnership with Ecologi that funds tree planting and carbon positive projects. Our 'CFC for Good' programme includes an active calendar of charity, volunteering and D&I events for employees to be part of and attend.
CFC is a specialist insurance provider, pioneer in emerging risk and market leader in cyber. Our global insurance platform uses cutting-edge technology and data science to deliver smarter, faster underwriting and protect customers from today's most critical business risks.
Headquartered in London with offices in New York, Austin, Brussels and Brisbane, CFC has over 500 staff and is trusted by more than 100,000 businesses in 90 countries.
This role offers a rare but fantastic opportunity to join a small, highly-effective Finance function and obtain a real breadth of experience in a highly profitable fast-growing environment.
As a result of strong organic growth and recent overseas acquisitions the company is seeking to appoint an Accounts Assistant to join their rapidly growing finance team. You will be responsible for maintaining accounts payable across the organisation and processing employee expenses.
You will have a position in developing and maintaining internal controls, such as a purchase order system and a systematic payment run and will report directly to the Management Accountant.
Full AAT study support will be provided.
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities
- Control over multi-currency settlements to suppliers in line with payment terms, also ensuring completeness of the purchase ledger
- Ensure new supplier checks are carried out in line with the Group's policy
- Maintaining SAP Concur employee expenses, ensuring audit checks are performed and expenses are settled in a timely manner
- Assist with the preparation and maintenance of various balance sheet reconciliations to agreed timescales (prepayments, accruals, fixed assets, intercompany reconciliations, etc.)
- Assist with internal, interim and year end audits
- Production of various ad hoc analyses for decision support
- Development and documentation of internal controls and processes
Skills & Ability
- High attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Willingness to learn and have a 'roll-up sleeves' mentality
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications such as Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Manage multiple tasks and priorities
Education & Qualifications
- Minimum 3 A Levels Grade A - C
- Minimum 5 GCSEs Grade A - C