Psychiatric-Mental Health opening in Detroit, Michigan.
BC- Adult Psychiatrist needed at a CMHC.
Summary: The primary duties of this position are to provide initial and annual psychiatric evaluation and medication reviews, as clinically indicated. The caseload will include adult consumers (18 & older) with mental illness, developmental disabilities and co-occurring substance abuse disorders.
Job Requirements: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed must be representative of the knowledge, skills, minimum education, training, licensure, experience, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education, Training and Licensing Credentials:
1. Doctor of Medicine or Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine degree from an accredited university.
2. Certification in Psychiatry by the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology or possession of Board eligibility status.
3. Current licensure to practice medicine in the State of Michigan.
4. Current DEA licensure.
5. Experience providing psychiatric evaluations, medication evaluations, and medication monitoring in an outpatient setting and experience providing emergency psychiatric care.
6. Commitment to ethical standards in working with staff, consumers, and members of the community.
7. Knowledge of the applicable provisions of the Mental Health Code of Michigan.
For more information regarding this position, please Contact Eric Watt at Click Here to Apply Ext. 239 or Click Here to Apply regarding Job# MI513