Job Title: BDM - Corporate Liquidity/Deposits
Salary: Competitive + excellent package/bonus
About the BDM - Corporate Liquidity/Deposits
Our client is a well-established Challenger bank with an excellent reputation. They provide award-winning savings products to individuals, companies and charities. They are a highly regarded diverse specialist UK bank offering a range of straightforward and competitive savings and deposit products.
Summary of the BDM - Corporate Liquidity/Deposits role
- Responsible for developing and managing the Bank's large balance funding sources:
- Identifying and establishing new funding opportunities and developing existing ones, with a focus on commercial relationships, large balance customers (e.g. HNW), B2B deposit counterparties and deposit consultants within the UK Savings market.
- Work with deposit department heads and Treasury department to ensure funding costs and funding levels are managed in line with the Bank's funding strategy, appetite and budgetary objectives.
- Contribute to the shaping of the Bank's funding strategy.
Core Duties/Responsibilities of the BDM - Corporate Liquidity/Deposits role
The successful candidate will be responsible for the following:
- To raise new deposits in line with funding strategy to support business growth and replacement of maturing deposits
- Identify and generate new deposit funding opportunities and distribution channels.
- Maintain and grow an introducer network.
- Identify and on-board deposit partnerships that complement the Bank's direct product proposition.
- Identify new funding opportunities within existing relationships (deposits and lending) Manage existing large balance relationships
- Use product knowledge and market expertise to sell, market and develop the Banks proposition within targeted commercial sectors
- Utilise existing network of commercial decision makers and Treasury teams to promote Bank deposits.
- Develop products and strategies to support growth targets at an acceptable cost to the Bank.
- Target customer objectives, including an in-depth quantitative assessment of various opportunities.
- Work with the Treasury team to ensure alignment with overall balance funding strategy
- Keeping track of new products on offer in the wider deposits market, as well as emerging trends.
- Be the main point of contact for new deals from your client portfolio.
- Weekly, monthly and ad-hoc reporting of volumes and performance.
- Attendance at networking events and conferences
Skills & Experience of the BDM - Corporate Liquidity/Deposits role
The ideal candidate will demonstrate the following skills and abilities:
- Commercial outlook, with a passion for delivering positive customer outcomes
- Corporate treasury qualifications desirable but not essential
- Strong communication skills: listening, oral, written and presenting
- Ability to quickly assimilate, analyse and conclude on information
- Ability to build strong relationships with senior division heads
- Time management skills with the drive and resilience to work under pressure to tight timescales whilst paying attention to detail
- Ability to apply core disciplines such as leadership, motivation, prioritisation and planning
- Proven experience within a business development role, ideally treasury or corporate services
- Demonstrable experience of building portfolios of funding
- Strong relationship management experience
- Good understanding of UK savings market - products, market participants etc.
- Good understanding of Client Money and Assets (CASS) and CASS rules
- Good understanding of compliance aspects of deposit taking (e.g. KYC)
- Experience working with Deposit Aggregators and savings intermediaries would be helpful
- Minimum of 5+ years of related business development experience.
- Ability to identify new business opportunities in a fast-paced environment.
This is a fantastic opportunity to utilise your industry experience within a dynamic growing organisation & to be part of their increasingly successful story.
For more information about the BDM - Corporate Liquidity/Deposits role or to apply send your CV now.