The Disney J1 Australia and New Zealand Cultural Exchange Program is a five to twelve-month experience located at Walt Disney World® Resort, near Orlando, Florida. Participants of this program have the opportunity to gain real world work experience with a world renowned entertainment company, learn skills from Disney leaders, meet people from around the world and take part in a life-changing experience. Participants work in front line, guest-facing roles throughout our Parks & Resorts. Basic Qualifications : To be eligible to apply for the Australia and New Zealand Cultural Exchange Program, you MUST
Apply here for January 2023 arrival.
In-country interviews will be held in October 2022 in both Australia and New Zealand. Invitations to schedule interviews will begin to be sent at the end of August.
- Attend a live presentation and interview in Australia or New Zealand - details will be shared at a later date.
- Likely interview cities are Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, and Perth in Australia and Auckland, Wellington, Hamilton, Christchurch, and Dunedin in New Zealand.
- Speak English fluently.
- Be at least 18 years of age to apply.
- Be receptive to Disney Look guidelines.
- Be fully available to work Sunday through Saturday, including days and nights, holidays and overtime.
- Be a citizen of Australia or New Zealand.
- Have completed year 12 and are now a current full-time student at an accredited post-secondary University, TAFE or Polytechnic institution acquiring a Bachelors Degree, Diploma or a Certificate. Current program of study must be at least 1-year in length (candidates enrolled in accelerated 6-month programs are not eligible unless enrolled in consecutive 6-month programs that total at least 1 year and are within the same field/similar field of study).
- Have completed at least their first year of consecutive full time study.
- Be studying your post-secondary courses in a classroom. If you are taking classes full-time online or the majority of your courses online, you are not eligible.
- Not defer the semester prior to your arrival. If a break in study occurs, candidates must have completed at least one full year of full-time study primarily in a classroom after the break while still meeting all of the above qualifications.
Candidates are required to attend a presentation and in-person interview in Australia or New Zealand.
- Have earned a Bachelor's Degree or higher and start work at the Walt Disney World® Resort within 12 months of your graduation date. Unfortunately, graduates of Advanced Diploma, Diploma, or Certificate programs are not eligible.
You are required to upload your Resume/CV and Cover Letter for this job application. Additional Information : Pay rate: Cast Members will earn an hourly rate of pay starting at $14.00 per hour depending on the role they are selected to perform.
We strongly encourage candidates to explore prior to submitting an application.
Only accepting applications for January 2023 arrival