It s More Than a Job, It s a Calling!
Position: Central Transport Associate
Location: Good Shepherd hospital; Barrington, IL.
Part Time (0.5 status - working 20 hours a week); Various Shifts
- Transporting of Patients
- Transporters are responsible for providing and maintaining a safe environment for themselves, the patient and their co-workers by following established policies and procedures.
- Transporting of Equipment, Medications, Specimens, Supplies
- Documentation, Maintenance of Departmental Logs and Daily Operations
- Transporting of Patients - Privacy
- Transporting of Patients - Communications
- High school diploma or equivalent. .
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required:
- Strong communications skills. Strong interpersonal skills.
- CPR Certification.
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions:
- Assist in lifting patients and equipment. Must be willing to work with exposures to body fluids, waste and chemicals, radiation, hazardous materials, anesthesia gases and life threatening diseases. Ability to work weekends, holidays and rotating shifts to accommodate patient need. Ability to move heavy patients and equipment and to walk and stand for long periods of time. Resiliency and flexibility to deal with changing situations. Ability to communicate via phone, handheld radio and pager. Ability to work in high stress situations. Ability to respond to all fire and emergency codes. This position will need to recognize needs and behaviors of a variety of age group demographics treated.
- If position has direct patient care or direct patient contact the following lifting requirement supersedes any previous lifting requirement effective 06/01/2015. Ability to lift up to 35 pounds without assistance. For patient lifts of over 35 pounds, or when patient is unable to assist with the lift, patient handling equipment is expected to be used, with at least one other associate, when available. Unique patient lifting/movement situations will be assessed on a case-by-case basis.
This job description indicates the general nature and level of work expected of the incumbent. It is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities required of the incumbent. Incumbent may be required to perform other related duties.