** This position is eligible to work in a hybrid work model (combination of in-office and remote days). **JOB SCOPE
The Director for Interactive Video Operations Program Management leads a team of project and program managers focusing on deploying and engineering session based video delivery systems that provide session based video services to our cable customers. This position reports to the VP of Video Operations - Interactive Video.
The Director oversees all activities of the staff, manages the department, and supports team development for Charter Interactive Video Operations. This leader creates and maintains relationships with the internal and external stakeholders of the business in order to establish a productive and customer-focused culture focused on service delivery and engineering. You will be expected ensure consistent, structured and disciplined deployment practices to ensure stable product delivery consistent with company initiatives and expectations, and more importantly, deploy cutting edge video entertainment solutions to our customers. The Director for Interactive Video Operations Program Management plays a key role in driving the strategy, operations, and development of session based video delivery for Charter's Video Operations group. DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
BASIC / MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Lead Interactive Video Operations Program Management initiatives related to improving existing solutions and operationalizing new ones in the session based video arena (VOD, SDV, DAA)
- Drive continuous improvement activities resulting in the department surpassing operational and delivery metrics
- Secure and enhance credibility with internal and external team members to direct planning and implementation, while driving deliverable timelines.
- Proactively identifies key metrics for the video platform and drives health performance and usage metrics to meet them.
- Work closely with Advance Engineering, Software Engineering, Network Engineering, and Video Network Operations Deployment Headend operations staff on system design, configuration, and Deployment.
- Provide Program Management support and direction for new or existing technologies and current operational initiatives.
- Lead an innovative, collaborative work team to produce exceptional results delivering the customer experience.
- Actively and consistently support all efforts to simplify and enhance the customer experience across video platforms.
- Provide technical leadership and strategy to a cross functional team through the development, implementation and launch of new processes.
- Lead and mentor team to ensure compliance and consistency across projects.
- Directs quality control programs for engineering operations and consistent operational procedures.
- Enable teams to manage their platform backlog to ensure work is properly prioritized and delivered in a timely manner.
- Actively participate in and/or facilitate the development of deliverables to ensure changes or enhancements to existing products and processes are performed with no negative impact to Customer, and Service Quality
- Mentors and guides the work of technical staff.
- Provides engineering support and direction for new or existing technologies and current operational initiatives.
- Directs capital budget process, executes approved budget plan.
- Performs other duties as requested.
- Knows, understands and follows company policy.
ADDITIONAL JOB QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field, and/or equivalent work experience
- Minimum of (10) years of Video or Network engineering work experience
- Minimum of (7) years of experience in session based (VOD or SDV), or Video Control and Distribution Systems
- Minimum of (7) years of direct management experience
- Exceptional communicator with employees, customers, suppliers, in person, on the phone, and by written communications in a clear, straight-forward, and professional manner
- Advanced knowledge of Video Solutions in the cable environment, VOD, SDV, CDN architectures and operations
- Knowledge of IP Video Delivery solutions, Conditional Access Systems, DAC, DNCS, DCAS, SDV, and QAM
- SCTE/BCTE certification or equivalent
- Industry and vendor specific certifications and training
#LI-AK KGN705 321553 321553BR
Here, employees don't just have jobs, they build careers. That's why we believe in offering a comprehensive pay and benefits package that rewards employees for their contributions to our success, supports all aspects of their well-being, and delivers real value at every stage of life.
The pay for this position has a salary range of $120,700.00 to $213,900.00
. The actual salary offer will carefully consider a wide range of factors, including your skills, qualifications, experience and location. Also, certain positions are eligible for additional forms of compensation such as bonuses.