Urology opening in Lewiston, Maine. Hospital is looking for a Locum Urologist to cover ASAP! Currently, there is a half-time urologist working at St. Mary s who focuses mainly on seeing office patients, with limited office procedures, who operates 2-4 days per month. We re looking for a urologist to augment the work of the current surgeon, with a focus on performing office procedures and OR cases as well as seeing some office patients.
- ASAP - ongoing; would like at least a 3 month commitment, but would consider longer
- Ideal schedule would be 2-3 days/week, but would consider 4 days every other week, if needed.
- Three days per week, two office and one OR (ideally Friday and Thursday office, and OR Wednesday).
- 8 hour days
- No call expectation - call will be covered by the existing urologist, APP, and remote call
- OR cases scheduled for OR days: 5-6
- 95% adult
- # of exam rooms? 8 exam rooms and 2 procedure rooms
- What equipment is available for office procedures? scopes, bladder scanner, ultrasound
- Lab and xray onsite
- Support staff: 1 RN, 2 MA s and 2 PSR s, and 1 Seasoned Urology APP
- 22 patients per day
- EMR: Epic - there is training on site, depending on if the provider had previous epic experience they may "test out"
- Orientation will be the first day of work
- Credentialing timeline: 60 days
St. Mary s is an affiliate of MaineHealth. While MaineHealth s Maine Medical Partners Urology would be the hiring organization, the urologist would need to be privileged only by St. Mary s and meet the following requirements:
Privileges include being able to admit, work up, consult with, and treat either surgical or medical patients presenting with illnesses or injuries of the genitourinary system. The applicant must demonstrate successful completion of an approved residency training program in urology. The applicant must demonstrate that he or she has performed at least 50 urological procedures during the last 24 months.
- Board Certified Urology or Truly Board Eligble (within 0-5 years of training) - Required
- Active Maine license - Highly Preferred
- BLS - Required to obtain prior to start
- Provider must be comfortable/capable operating - Required, no exceptions - note at time of name clear
- COVID Vaccine - Required, note at time of name clear