REGISTERED NURSE .9 HOSPICE NORTH FLOAT
LOCATION: NORTH 2 REGION
HOURS: ROTATION-12HR SHIFT DAYS 7a-730p
This position is also eligible for a $10,000.00 sign on bonus with 50% payable upon hire and 50% payable at 1year and subject to all taxes! You must be employed in the exact position at time of payout.
- Nurse/Patient Relationship: Develops and maintains a therapeutic relationship throughout the healthcare continuum
- Assuring/Improving Quality Care: Facilitates the patient and family's right to receive quality, cost effective care
- Patient/Staff Education: Demonstrates a commitment to meeting the learning needs of patients and families. Utilizes appropriate resources to meet those needs and achieve positive patient outcomes. Assists in creating an environment that promotes educational growth opportunities for nursing peers and colleagues
- Nursing Process: Demonstrates the use of nursing process as a problem-solving model
- Leadership/Collaboration/Professional Development: Demonstrates respect and understanding for peers and other clinical disciplines and participates as an effective member of the patient care team to formulate an integrated approach to care. Demonstrates leadership behaviors and is committed to the development of self and others
- Graduate from an accredited school of nursing Minimum 1 year of experience Earn 10.0 continuing education credits annually Has demonstrated proficiency for the requirements for NC I
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required:
- Good oral and written communication skills Computer skills Good time management and organizational skills Familiarity with patient care equipment
- Current Illinois RN license Current CPR
Physicial Requirements and Working Conditions:
- Ability to work weekends, holidays, and different shifts in order to accommodate staffing Certain positions may need to take call Ability to transport objects, patients, and equipment Ability to respond quickly to patient needs and work at fast pace Work environment includes probability of exposure to adverse, hazardous, or unpleasant conditions while caring for the sick Ability to assist in evacuation of patients in the event of a fire or other disaster Routinely works with potentially infectious specimens and patients Ability to respond to patients in a timely manner and access all areas of the unit Ability to lift 100 pounds occasionally and/or in excess of 50 pounds frequently and/or in excess of 20 pounds constantly
Addendum: Responsible for providing and coordinating comprehensive patient care by incorporating the concepts of responsibility, accountability, clinical decision-making, authority, shared governance, and critical thinking in daily nursing practice. Primary role is to use the nursing process in overseeing patient care to achieve the desired outcome in the department. A Nurse Clinicain II plans and sets goals which demonstrates a wholistic approach to patients and families. Assumes leadership responsibilities at the unit level. Demonstrates a mastery of clinical skills.
This job description indicates the general nature and level of work expected of the incumbent. It is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities required of the incumbent. Incumbent may be required to perform other related duties.