The registered nurse provides assessment, problem identification (nursing diagnosis), care planning (including desired outcome determination), implementation and evaluation in nursing care in a patient and family centered manner in accordance with licensure scope of practice, regulatory standards, and established hospital policies, procedures and protocols.
STATUS: Full Time
LOCATION: Gouverneur Hospital
DEPARTMENT: Emergency Department
SCHEDULE: 12 Hour, Nights
- Required: Associate's degree of an accredited nursing program
- Required: Current, unrestricted New York State registered professional nursing license
- Preferred: BSN from an accredited nursing program
- Performs a comprehensive patient assessment to identify patient and family needs
- Develops and implements a comprehensive plan of care involving the patient and the family.
- Performs and documents direct patient and family centered care and patient education according to nursing standards of practice
- Identifies and responds to patient conditions to achieve positive patient outcomes.
- Performs discharge planning to ensure safe and appropriate transition of care.
- Directs and delegates care provided by unlicensed team members
- Provides world class customer service to patients and families.
- RN - Registered Nurse - New York State Education Department (NYSED); BLS - Basic Life Support - American Heart Association (AHA)
EDUCATION LICENSES/CERTIFICATIONS Rochester Regional Health is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS : M - Medium Work - Exerting 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 10 to 25 pounds of force frequently, and/or greater than negligible up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects; Requires frequent walking, standing or squatting.