Sign on bonus $5,000 payable upon start, external candidates only.
Registered Nurse Orthopedics
Shift: Rotate all
Using evidence-based practice, clinical decision making, compassion and skilled dialogue, the registered nurse leads efforts to create the safest patient environment and the best patient experience. The nurse delivers and coordinates patient-centered care across the continuum to support the successful transition of patients to other healthcare delivery systems or their home communities. The registered nurse is responsible for providing and coordinating comprehensive patient care through the appropriate utilization of assessment, diagnosis, planning, implementation and evaluation, in accordance with established standards, policies and procedures.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing with Current IL RN license
- BSN preferred, ADN acceptable with agreement for nurses with less than 12 months of experience to enroll in BSN completion program to be completed in four years. Nurses with more than 12 months experience in direct patient care must possess a BSN or obtain either BSN or Advocate Aurora Health (AAH) recognized nursing certification within one year of the date of hire or becoming eligible to sit for certification, whichever is later.
- Current AHA CPR
- Ability to work weekends, holidays, and different shifts in order to accommodate staffing
- Certain positions may need to take call
- Work environment includes probability of exposure to adverse, hazardous, or unpleasant conditions while caring for the sick
- Ability to assist in evacuation of patients in the event of a fire or other disaster
- Routinely works with potentially infectious specimens and patients
- Ability to respond to patients in a timely manner and access all areas of the unit
- Ability to lift up to 35 pounds without assistance. For patient lifts of over 35 pounds, or when patient is unable to assist with the lift, patient handling equipment is expected to be used, with at least one other team member, when available. Unique patient lifting/movement situations will be assessed on a case-by-case basis.