VAE, Inc. is a full service IT Infrastructure Solutions Company focused on building, securing and supporting our clients' mission critical enterprises. We provide a distinctive array of design, integration and implementation services as well as fully managed service offerings. VAE is at the forefront of leveraging multi-tenant capable technologies and shared IT services to create secure, reliable and cost-effective end-to-end services and solutions. We deliver exceptional infrastructure solutions with extremely talented employees using a client-focused partnering approach.JOB TYPE:
Fort Meade, MD 20755 US (Primary)JOB DESCRIPTION:
VAE is seeking qualified candidates to join our team who will support an extensive digital modernization program. ASenior Systems Administrator that will work closely with both on-site and remote users to coordinate site visits and upgrades, provide on-site and remote resolution support for trouble calls, and provide TIER 2/3 support of production systems. Systems Administrators will have primary responsibility for providing Regional System Administration support. The Systems Administrator is a key participant in technical research and development to enable continuing innovation for the future success of the program.
- Systems administration of desktop and server systems connected to local and wide area networks. Desktop system management responsibilities involving account monitoring, security, Operating System (OS) installation, and other local area system administration related functions
- Provide support for implementation, troubleshooting and maintenance of IT systems
- Manage IT system infrastructure and any processes related to these systems
- Provide support to IT systems including day-to-day operations, monitoring and problem resolution for all of the client/server/storage/network devices, mobile devices, etc.
- Provide Tier 2 and Tier 3 problem identification, diagnosis and resolution of problem
- Provide support for the escalation and communication of status to agency management and internal customers
- Provide support for the dispatch system on software/hardware problems and remains involved in the resolution process
- Installs/loads operating system and application software
- Isolate and resolve hardware and software problems involving the applications, operating system, hardware, communications infrastructure, or any combination thereof
- Troubleshoot, maintain integrity and configure network components along with implementing operating systems enhancements to improve reliability and performance
- Integrate new technologies into new and existing systems
- Execution of on-site, on the floor, technical and system administration support
- Support requirements for managing installation, configuration and maintenance of Unix/Windows workstations and servers, including Web servers, network attached storage devices, and stored data in support of business processing requirements
- Perform software installations and upgrades to Unix/Windows operating systems and layered software packages and maintains them in accordance with established policies, procedures and service level agreements; evaluation and installation of software/hardware patches and resolution of software related problems associated with COTS/GOTS products
- Assist with achieving optimum performance and availability standards through implementing appropriate technical solutions
- Attend meetings weekly and provide weekly status reports
- Resolve a wide range of system issues, troubleshooting software and hardware, diagnosis of network issues, and addressing trouble tickets and service tasks across all tiered levels
- Attend Authorized Outage, Firewall Change Request, and Root Cause Analysis Boards as required
- Follow procedures to maintain and manage multiple linked databases including security, data safety and integrity, disaster recovery, and bulk data import/exports
- Conduct routine and emergency maintenance of assigned data center equipment
- Communicate/coordinate scheduled preventive maintenance windows with potentially impacted customers
- Collaborate and contribute to the development, administration, and testing of backup and recovery plans
- Ensure systems are secure to STIG guidelines by utilizing tools such as Retina and HBSS
- Maintain operational, configuration, and other standard operating procedures (SOPs)
- Verify system availability with existing Enterprise tools
Bachelor's degree and 4+ years of experience or a Master's Degree with 2+ years of prior relevant experience.
- Active Secret security clearance.
- Demonstrated experienced with UNIX, Windows, and/or Storage administration
- Demonstrated experience working with trouble reporting and tracking systems such as REMEDY
- CompTIA Security+ or DoD 8570 Level II equivalent
CompTIA Security+ or DoD 8570 Level II equivalent
We are equal opportunity/affirmative action employers, committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status, or any other protected characteristic under state or local law.