The Sr. Maintenance Technician maintains and troubleshoots equipment that supports utilities and manufacturing areas. Strict adherence to Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), cGMPs, and Quality Standards in a Pharmaceutical Manufacturing facility are mandatory. Primary responsibilities include ensuring safe and efficient hands-on operations of utilities systems including WWPP, WFI, RO, HVAC, distillation, compressed air, steam, thermal fluids, and components such as pumps, fans, and valves.
How you will contribute:
- Install, operate, maintain, and repair multiple equipment through routine inspection and review.
- Perform limited preventive, corrective, and predictive work of all associated equipment.
- All work must be completed following cGMPs, SOPs, job plans, and company policies.
- Review and revise related SOPs and job/work plans for work related areas.
- Help develop operating and maintenance procedures.
- Ensure that operational log and work order documentation is completed with accurate information.
- Provide support for startup of new equipment to ensure it meets all mechanical design specifications.
- Develop a basic proficiency in one or more advanced utilities technology and understand how to apply technology to improve equipment reliability, e.g., alignment, balancing, thermography, oil analysis, ultrasound, or vibration monitoring.
- Must follow all safety rules and ensure compliance with state and federal EPA regulation and laws.
What you bring to Takeda
- Requires high school diploma or GED. 2+ years of industrial experience is a must with Utilities and Wastewater experience.
- Work with peers on other teams and seek outside resources.
- Understand procedures, schematics, and P&ID's.
- Provide a limited level of troubleshooting, diagnostic, and repair of building systems, equipment, and equipment components such as vessels, mixers, valves, and pumps.
- Operate general laboratory equipment to assess analytical status of the utilities process.
- Take a limited amount of available information and make process reliant decisions on utilities and manufacturing systems under unstable conditions while continuing to monitor all other systems.
What Takeda can offer you:
- Comprehensive Healthcare: Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Financial Planning & Stability: 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs and company match of charitable contributions
- Family Planning Support
- Professional development opportunities
- Tuition reimbursement
At Takeda, our patients rely on us to provide quality products. As a result, we must follow strict rules in our manufacturing facilities to ensure we are not endangering the quality of the product. You may:
- May work in cold, wet, sunlight, limited light, and heat.
- May work with heights, loud noises, dust, gasses, and fumes.
- May be around moving equipment and machinery.
- May climb up to and into large equipment for cleaning or inspection.
- May work in areas that require the use of PPE.
- Work exclusively on nights for 12.5 hours on a 3/2/2 schedule
- Work some weekends and holidays
- May work around chemicals such as alcohol, acids and buffers that may require respiratory protection (PPE).
- Provide overtime coverage on occasion.
- May be asked to frequently kneel, climb and walk to inspect and perform described maintenance activities to include lifting of items up to 50 lbs.
More about us:
At Takeda, we are transforming patient care through the development of novel specialty pharmaceuticals and outstanding patient support programs. Takeda is a patient-focused company to inspire and empower you to grow through life-changing work.
Certified as a Global Top Employer, Takeda offers stimulating careers, encourages innovation, and strives for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our teams are united by an unwavering commitment to provide Better Health and a Brighter Future to people around the world.
This posting excludes Colorado applicants.
Takeda is proud in its commitment to creating a diverse workforce and providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, parental status, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, genetic information or characteristics, marital status, status as a Vietnam era veteran, special disabled veteran, or other protected veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, and any other characteristic protected by law.
USA - GA - Social Circle - Hwy 278